Sunday, September 5, 2010

Last point event for KYSCCA, Sept 5th

The season is at an end for autocross this year. Only two more events, but those will be fun runs.

This was a very interesting course this time around. In honor of my first run at UPS when this season started... where I got lost for the first time, I thought it would be nice to get lost again. Good grief. I went left when I should have gone right. I was not alone. That corner fooled a few people. I finished the day out with a time of 51.113 and 5th place in the STO class.

My friend Scott beat my time with a 49 something and picked up 3rd place. Needless to say he felt compelled to rub it in. :)

Melody, my wife, joined me as support and co-pilot. She says to me as I post this, "I do enjoy this much better than I would have expected". Makes me happy to hear that. That said, still hoping she decides to try one of the fun runs to see if she can get bitten by the autox bug.

Took a few pics today as well captured some trackmaster timings. The trackmaster pic shows what it looks like when you get lost vs not getting lost.

I will post some videos as well once i get a look at it.