Sunday, August 23, 2009

Velocity Stack installed

Finally got around to upgrading my straight pipe on my intake to a velocity stack as well as moving it more in line with the lower grille opening. Link below is to the full before and after set.

FullSet Link

Tried to get the stack further over, but not a whole lot of room to work with. Its probably not as effective as if I were to bore a hole through the bumper... but I will pass on that. Its better than what it was and better than the inlet being inside the engine bay in my opinion. Always thought it was odd that Honda had the inlet all the way up in the engine bay. Has to get toasty in there compared to the cold air coming from down towards the bottom.

The Civic, like so many other cars has a high pressure area right at the lower bumper as well as the cowl at the base of the front windshield. Both areas are prime locations for cold air inlets. Next year I hope to work on a complimenting cowl induction setup to go with the lower intake.

I will need to get back to the dyno and see what differences this makes if any.

I already have a dyno which shows the difference of when I went from stock setup to the icebox configuration.

I reference the dyno not so much as indicator of how much power the modifications are producing, but more so what the comparative difference is as mods are actually added to the vehicle. So what the true peak power is... I don't know really and its not really that important to me in the end. I just like to know what I am adding is making some difference or not.


BEFORE


DURING



AFTER