Sunday, March 20, 2011

Wheels, Tires, and Autocross Season.. Oh My!

All set for the 2011 AutoX season. Separate track wheels and daily stock setup, plus the motorcycle... should make for a some longer lasting rubber. Tires are BF Goodrich KDW 225/45-17's. Not as sticky as some, but right now with my experience, its unlikely that tires are going to make me a better driver on the course. I just like the aggressive look. Humble enough to admit that I still have a lot to learn. Wheels are out of Austrailia, ROH Adrenalin 17x8 +41. I also picked up a set of camber bolts for up front. My car isn't lowered at this point, so my front camber is only set to -0.9 right now. Everything else is within factory specs. I might look into getting springs and swaybars next year, and get rear camber arms to go with that as well. Maybe after that I might upgrade to 245's, just have to see since that is a few years down the road and assumes I will still be racing. LOL. Who am I fooling!

Also taking the new setup for a small adventure on the 26th of March @ the Leprechaun Run 5 road rally race.

"Rally info: The rally route will be approximately 80 miles long and will take 2-3 hours to complete. After check in, you will be given detailed route instructions and maps that you will use to navigate the course on your own. The drive will be a fun back roads loop heading down to Falmouth, KY and back to our gathering at Molly Malone's Irish Pub in Covington, KY. There will be many opportunities to stop and take a break along the route, but most will probably choose to take a break at the McDonald's in Falmouth at the halfway point."