Monday, March 22, 2010

2010 - Points Event #1

Attending my first AutoX event... WHOO HOO !!! I am addicted. Okay that said... now I know I have a lot to learn about my driving skills as well as my car. Started the day out with a DNF (Did Not Finish) since I got lost on the course. After getting over my embarrassment, I moved up to 9th place in the STO class of 14 vehicles. My times went from 50.x seconds down to mid 46.x seconds. The big thing I learned was I had to avoid my automatic reaction to brake while turning... and instead use the throttle to control my speed as I entered into turns. How fast was I going ? Good question. There were light poles which I noticed when I was walking the course, but honestly... I don't remember them while driving. All I was thinking of was cones and when was my next few turns, and WHOO HOO! THIS IS AWESOME !!

Here is a video of someone else's run, but I thought it would be interesting for you all to watch what the track was like from the driver's point of view.

P.S. Good thing nobody taped my DNF as I ran off the course on the first run. LOL.